If you forget your passcode and run out of times you can guess the passcode, don't worry, this article will show you how to restore your iPhone to factory settings and unlock your iPhone.
When it comes to unlocking your iPhone, there are a few different options. You can set up a passcode, or set up a Face ID or Touch ID to unlock your iPhone using biometric technology. But no matter which unlocking method you choose, iPhone passcode is needed. The passcode is crucial for locking and unlocking iPhone. But what if you forgot your iPhone passcode?
If you forget your iPhone passcode and keep trying the wrong one, then your iPhone will be locked and you will not be able to access it. Perhaps you forgot the passcode because it was too long and complicated or because you had a lot on your mind that day. Either way, there is still a way to get into your iPhone without the need of passcode.
When you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, you can only unlock it by restoring your iPhone, and software like iPhone Unlocker can be of great help. Restoring your forgotten passcode iPhone will erase all of the data and settings, including your passcode! If you want to keep any information stored on your iPhone, make sure that you back them up before locking.
Table of Contents
This article will share some methods on how to restore an iPhone if you forgot the passcode.
The first option is to use Apple's built-in Erase iPhone feature. If you're stuck with an iPhone that's locked by forgotten passcode, you can use the Erase iPhone option to restore it back to factory settings, which will erase all of your data from the iPhone.
Erase iPhone is a new feature that is available when upgrading to iOS 15.2 or later. It will appear on the bottom right of the screen, and using this option will help you restore your iPhone.
Here are some prerequisites for using Erase iPhone:
Step 1. After seven incorrect password attempts in a row, a warning message saying iPhone Unavailable or Security Lockout will appear on your iPhone screen, along with the Erase iPhone option in the bottom right corner of the screen. Tap Erase iPhone option.
Step 2. Tap the Erase iPhone option again on the Erase All Content & Settings page to proceed to the next step.
Step 3. After entering your Apple password when prompted, the process of restoring to factory settings will begin automatically.
When the restore process is complete, your iPhone will reboot with a hello screen and you can access your iPhone again without a passcode. Then you can follow the prompts to start setting iPhone up and create a new passcode.
Tip: If you created a backup before your iPhone was locked, then you can restore your lost data during the process of setting up iPhone. You can follow the prompts to the Apps & Data step and choose to restore the backup from iCloud or your computer.
If the Erase iPhone option doesn't work due to its limitations, such as iOS version issues, then you can choose iPhone Unlocker to do a restore process on iPhone when you forgot the passcode, without any limitations or technical requirements.
iPhone Unlocker, a reliable third-party tool, is a desktop-based software that can be used to factory restore your iPhone when you somehow forgot your passcode.
iPhone Unlocker software is one of the most convenient ways to help users to restore iPhones if they forget their passcode. Using this software, you can restore your iPhone and remove the forgotten passcode from iPhone with a few clicks. It also comes with other features, such as removing Screen Time and bypassing Apple ID.
1. First, you need to download the iPhone Unlocker software on your PC or Mac. After downloading, open it and click on the Wipe Passcode option that will take you to the next step.
2. Now it's time to plug your locked iPhone into your computer with the help of a working cable. You might have to click on the "Device connected but not recognized" link to put your device into the Recovery Mode, which will help the software to detect your device.
3. Confirm your device information, if everything seems right, click the Start option to move further.
4. After you click the Start option, it will start downloading the appropriate iOS software for your device. The downloading will take a few minutes.
5. Once the downloading is complete, a warning box will appear on your computer. After reading, type 0000 and click on the Unlock option to move on.
6. Now let the software do its work. The progress of the restoration process will be shown in the form of a small purple circle.
With your iPhone successfully restored to its factory settings, your forgotten passcode has been removed and you can get into to your iPhone without passcode. Then you can set it up as a new-brand device and restore your deleted data from the backup.
Prefer video content to text? Watch the video below.
You can force your iPhone into the Recovery Mode to restore your iPhone and remove the forgotten passcode. With this method, you need to use iTunes or Finder on your computer. If you're running macOS Catalina or newer, open Finder. If you're running macOS Mojave or older or Windows, open the latest version of iTunes.
Note: If you are using a PC, make sure it is running Windows 10 or later and using the latest version of iTunes.
1. Turn your iPhone off and plug it into your computer.
2. Put your iPhone into the Recovery Mode. The way to enter the Recovery Mode varies depending on the iPhone model.
3. Open iTunes or Finder on your computer, select Restore in the small box that asks whether you want to Restore or Update.
4. Select Restore and Update in the next pop-up box to confirm your choice to restore your iPhone to factory settings.
After following the prompts to complete the selection, the iPhone will start the restore process. And this process will take some time. Please make sure that your iPhone is always connected to the computer and the iPhone is in the Recovery Mode during the process.
Note: If the iPhone exits the Recovery Mode, you need to re-enter the Recovery Mode according to step 2.
You can use Find My iPhone to perform the restore process on your iPhone if you forgot the passcode. The original role of Find My was to help you locate your lost devices, and now it can also remotely restore your iPhone to its factory settings so that you can solve the problem of forgetting the passcode.
Find My is a good way to restore your iPhone, but it only works if you have Find My enabled and have a network connection on your locked iPhone.
1. Go to the iCloud.com website and log into your Apple account.
2. Select the last icon, Find iPhone, on the menu.
3. Click on All Devices at the top of the page and select the device you forgot your passcode for.
4. Select the Erase iPhone option in the small box that appears.
5. Click Erase to confirm that you want to restore your iPhone, then the restore process will begin.
Once this process is complete, you can unlock your iPhone and set it up as if it were a new device.
If you've forgotten your passcode, you can use one of the methods above to restore your iPhone and unlock your iPhone. And these methods work for all iPhone models, so you're sure to find one that works for you.