If your iPhone SE passcode is forgotten, don't worry! Here are 4 simple solutions for you to unlock your iPhone SE when you can't remember your passcode.
Apple generally secures your iPhone SE by requiring your Touch ID and passcode. And as Apple tightens its technological security, it has become harder to unlock your iPhone SE when you forgot your iPhone SE passcode. After several incorrect passcode attempts, your iPhone SE will alert you to the message saying "Unavailable iPhone" or "Security Lockout."
If you forgot your iPhone SE passcode, you can still bypass the forgotten passcode and unlock your iPhone SE by factory resetting it. But after the reset, all your data will be wiped away, along with the forgotten iPhone SE passcode. Unless you have previously backed up your data in iCloud or your computer, it is impossible to recover your lost data.
If you have the problem of forgetting the passcode on your iPhone SE, we offer 4 solutions for you to unlock your iPhone SE, including the Erase iPhone option, Find My, iTunes, and iPhone Unlocker. These methods in this guide will help you reset your iPhone SE. Let's get started.
Table of Contents
The Erase iPhone feature is useful for a situation where you forgot your passcode and got locked out of your iPhone SE. But there're a few things you'll need to make sure of before erasing your forgotten passcode.
How to use the Erase iPhone option:
Keep entering the incorrect passcodes until you get the "iPhone Unavailable try it again in 15 minutes" or "Security Lockout" prompt, and an Erase iPhone option will appear on the bottom right of the iPhone SE screen.
1. Tap the Erase iPhone option on the bottom right of the "iPhone Unavailable" or "Security Lockout" screen.
2. Next, tap Erase iPhone option again to confirm.
3. Enter your Apple ID password to sign out of your Apple ID, then tap the Erase iPhone.
Once the reset process is over, your iPhone SE that forgot the passcode will be unlocked. Then follow the onscreen instructions to set up your iPhone SE, restore your data and settings from a backup if you have one, and set a new passcode. If there is no backup, you will have to set up your iPhone SE from scratch.
If you don't have the Erase iPhone option on your screen, don't panic, there're other workarounds that can help you.
The Find My feature is used to locate or erase your missing device, but it also works when you forget your iPhone SE passcode and need to unlock it without a passcode. If you have enabled Find My on your iPhone SE before, you can use Find My to erase your iPhone SE. Make sure your locked iPhone SE is connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network so that the solution can work successfully.
Here's how to make resetting your iPhone SE happen:
1. Sign in to your locked iPhone SE's Apple account on iCloud.com.
2. Select the Find iPhone option on the bottom right.
3. Click All Devices at the top of the page, then select your iPhone SE to erase.
4. Click the Erase iPhone option.
5. Click Erase again to confirm and then the erasing process will begin.
If you find the above solutions are too tricky and can't solve your problem. Here we have a great helper - iPhone Unlocker, a specialized tool designed to solve the problem of forgetting iPhone SE passcodes, it can easily bypass various kinds of passcode for you, including:
Why choose iPhone Unlocker?
How to unlock your iPhone SE:
1. Firstly, download and launch iPhone Unlocker on your computer. Once you're in, select the Wipe Passcode option and then click Start to continue.
2. Connect your iPhone SE to the computer. Click "Device connected but not recognized?" and follow the instructions for your iPhone SE to put it into Recovery Mode.
3. Then confirm your iPhone SE information. Select Start after completing the right information.
4. Now, the firmware package is downloading, which will take a while to finish.
5. Type "0000" in the Unlock Confirmation page and click Unlock.
6. Wait for a few minutes and remember to keep your device connected to the computer during the reset process.
When the unlocking process is over, congratulation! Your forgotten iPhone SE passcode is wiped away. You will now be able to enter your iPhone SE again.
When your iPhone SE passcode is forgotten, Apple offers a solution - enter Recovery Mode via iTunes to unlock your iPhone SE without a passcode. You will require a computer and a compatible cable to achieve it. Here're the directions:
How to restore your iPhone SE:
1. Download and install the latest iTunes, then launch it on your computer.
2. Turn off your iPhone SE:
Hold down both the Side button and the Volume down button for a while until the power off slider appears, then slide to turn off your iPhone SE.
3. Next, put your iPhone SE into Recovery Mode and connect your iPhone SE to the computer.
Long press the Side button while promptly plugging your iPhone into the PC or Mac and wait for the Recovery Mode screen to appear.
Note: If you see the passcode screen instead of the Recovery Mode, you need to turn off your iPhone SE and start again.
4. When iTunes detects your iPhone SE, choose Restore in the pop-up confirmation window.
5. When another confirmation window shows up, select Restore and Update to confirm the restore process. Your computer will download the software for your iPhone SE and begin the restore process.
After you have forgotten your iPhone SE passcode and successfully reset your iPhone SE by one of the above methods, you can then start setting up your iPhone SE. We offer instructions for you to set up your iPhone SE after the reset. Read on to learn what to do next.
1. Slide from the bottom of the "hello" screen to begin setting up.
2. Choose your language and select your country or region.
3. Choose Quick Start or Set up Manually.
If you have another device that is running iOS 11 or later, you can use it to achieve Quick Start. Put the two devices close together and agree to transfer, and your contents from another device will automatically transfer to your iPhone SE. If you don't have one, choose Set Up Manually.
4. Connect to the network to activate your iPhone SE.
5. Set up Touch ID and create a new passcode.
6. Restore your iPhone SE.
Select your backup option. You can restore your data from an iCloud backup or your computer. If you don't have a backup or want to transfer your content later, select Don't Transfer Apps & Data.
7. Set up other features and services according to your needs.
Complete the rest settings in your iPhone SE with your personal needs, like iMessage, Siri, etc.
Forgetting your iPhone SE passcode is annoying, luckily you can handle this problem with the above methods. It takes you some time to fix the problem, but eventually, your iPhone SE will be usable again. Besides, to prevent yourself from forgetting your iPhone SE passcode again in the future, it's necessary to write down your passcode and keep it somewhere safe.