If you're frustrated by accidentally getting locked out of your iPhone, just take it easy! This article will guide you through four methods on how to unlock iPhone without a passcode.
Have you ever been locked out of your iPhone in your daily life, such as forgetting the passcode, entering the wrong passcode for many times, the passcode being changed by others, the screen is broken, the iPhone is unavailable and so on. Don't worry, if you know how to unlock iPhone without passcode, these situations will not be a problem.
Unlocking iPhone without passcode allows you to access your iPhone again and reuse the precious information on your device. Actually, it's not as difficult as you think to unlock iPhone without a passcode. This guide will go over various ways to unlock your iPhone without passcode, so you'll be able to find the right solution whether you have a computer or not!
Table of Contents
To unlock iPhone passcode, here are the official methods as well as other practical and effective ways to try, including iTunes, iCloud, Erase iPhone, etc. But it should be noted that unlocking an iPhone without a passcode will factory reset your iPhone, which will erase all your iPhone data and settings, like contacts, pictures, videos, messages, apps and so on.
So, before you start unlocking iPhone, make sure you have created a backup in iTunes or iCloud in advance, otherwise you can't restore the lost content.
If you have a Windows or Mac with you, then you can try these three methods to unlock your iPhone without a passcode.
If you are looking for the most foolproof way to unlock an iPhone without the passcode, then iPhone Unlocker is the right choice for you. With a user-friendly interface, it solves the problem of iPhone/iPad being locked for different reasons.
And it is compatible with Windows and Mac and lets you quickly unlock your iPhone with a few mouse clicks, bypassing the 4-digit code, 6-digit code, Touch ID, or Face ID restrictions.
Here's how to unlock an iPhone without a passcode via iPhone Unlocker:
Step 1. Launch iPhone Unlocker on computer and choose "Wipe Passcode" from the menu.
Step 2. Connect the locked iPhone to your computer and put the iPhone into recovery mode. Click "device connected but not recognized" and follow the tutorial to let the software detect your device.
Step 3. Once connected, check your device information and click "Start" to download the corresponding firmware package for your iPhone.
Step 4. When the download is over, enter "0000" and click "Unlock" to bypass iPhone passcode. This step will wipe all the files on your iPhone.
Step 5. Wait for the unlocking process to complete and your iPhone will have the latest iOS installed. Then you can set up your iPhone from scratch.
This is a YouTube video guide to unlocking your iPhone without a passcode.
There is an official method to unlock your iPhone without knowing passcode. By resetting your iPhone to its default settings with the help of iTunes, you can remove the locked screen and access your iPhone without a passcode.
But this method requires your iPhone to be in Recovery Mode and is quite time-consuming. Below are the steps on how to unlock iPhone without passcode using iTunes:
Note: If you have a Windows PC or Mac with macOS Mojave or earlier, make sure iTunes is up to date; if you're using a macOS Catalina or later, use the Finder instead of iTunes for this task.
1. Open the latest version of iTunes, and don't plug iPhone to computer in this step.
2. Turn off your iPhone and force it into recovery mode. And connect the iPhone to the computer while holding down the correct button.
3. When iTunes recognizes the connected iPhone, it will pop up a box with Update and Restore options, click "Restore."
4. Select "Update and Restore" in the next window to start factory reset your locked iPhone.
Although iCloud's Find My iPhone feature is used to find and locate iPhones, fortunately, it can remotely erase an iPhone, allowing you to unlock iPhone without the passcode. To use this method, your iPhone should have had the Find My enabled before it was locked and have a stable and smooth internet connection.
1. Visit icloud.com on your browser and sign in to your Apple ID account.
2. Choose the "Find My" icon.
3. Navigate to the "All Devices" drop-down menu and select the locked iPhone.
4. Click "Erase iPhone" to continue.
5. Hit "Erase" to confirm and begin the process of erasing your iPhone.
When your iPhone reboots, you'll be able to bypass the passcode to unlock your iPhone and set up it like a new phone.
If you don't have a computer or you can't find a suitable USB cable to establish the connection between computer and iPhone, you can try to unlock iPhone without passcode and computer. However, the methods for unlocking your iPhone without a computer all work only under specific conditions and don't apply to all iPhones, but they're still worth a try.
If you forgot your iPhone passcode and the iPhone Unavailable screen shows, iPhones upgraded to iOS 15.2 and later come with an option to erase your iPhone that will help you remove iPhone passcode. However, your iPhone needs to be connected to Wi-Fi or cellular network and your Apple ID credentials will be required.
Here's how to unlock iPhone passcode without computer or iTunes:
1. Keep entering the wrong passcode until Erase iPhone appears in the bottom right corner of your lock screen.
2. Tap "Erase iPhone", then tap "Erase iPhone" again on Erase All Content & Settings screen.
3. Enter your Apple ID password according to the prompt, once it is successfully verified, the process of wiping iPhone will initiate automatically.
In the very early days when Apple had not yet perfected its security system, there was a loophole that you can use Siri to get your iPhone unlocked without passcode and without losing data, which is the biggest difference from other unlocking methods. But this only applies to iPhones running iOS 8-iOS 10.1.
1. Long press the Home button to activate Siri and ask "What is the time now?"
2. Tap the "clock" icon, then the "plus" icon, and then type anything you want.
3. Select the words and go to Share > Messages.
4. Type something in "To:" filed and return.
5. Tap on the "plus" icon and select "Create New Contact."
6. Navigate to add photo > Choose Photo to access the photos library.
7. Press the Home button to return to the home screen.
This guide has listed in detail how to unlock iPhone without passcode, even including unlocking iPhone without passcode or Face ID or computer. Choose the best solution according to your situation. Among them, the most recommended one is iPhone Unlocker, which can bypass the locked screen at high speed with a very high success rate.