When you forget your iPhone Screen Time password, you will not be allowed to access certain restricted apps or websites. Read on this article to find the solutions to reset your iPhone Screen Time password.
It's no secret that we spend a lot of time on our iPhones these days. While such increased screen time has some benefits, such as staying in touch with our loved ones, having a wealth of information at our fingertips, and more, it can also lead to problems like neck pain, eye strain, and even smartphone addiction.
One way to help mitigate these negative effects is to set up a Screen Time password on your iPhone. This will limit your time looking at your iPhone daily or spending time on certain apps or websites, which forces you to take breaks more frequently. But what if you want to reset the iPhone Screen Time password when you forgot it?
Don't put too much pressure on yourself, we all have the experience of forgetting our passwords. Fortunately, we will walk you through ways to reset your forgotten iPhone Screen Time password, you can try using Settings, iPhone Unlocker, or iTunes in this article.
Tip: If you forgot your lock screen passcode on your iPhone, you can check out: How to open iPhone without passcode.
Table of Contents
If you have forgotten your iPhone Screen Time password you will no longer be able to access certain apps or websites after the limited time you set for certain apps or websites has expired. It's troublesome, but you can just reset your Screen Time password with your Apple ID and password.
Before resetting your forgotten iPhone Screen Time password, you should make sure your iPhone is running iOS 13.4 or later, and your Apple account should be the one you set to reset your Screen Time password.
1. Select Screen Time on your Settings.
2. Next, Tap on Change Screen Time Passcode to proceed with the reset.
3. Tap on the Change Screen Time Passcode again to confirm you want to reset your forgotten Screen Time password.
4. Then, click the "Forgot Passcode?" link to see how to change the forgotten password.
5. You will be required to enter your Apple ID and password which you provided to reset the Screen Time password when you set it up. After entering the right Apple account, tap on OK.
6. It only takes a little time to wipe your old password and you can set a new Screen Time password on your iPhone now.
If your iPhone has a version earlier than iOS 13.4 and you don't plan to upgrade its version to reset your forgotten Screen Time password with the "Forgot Passcode" option, or you forgot the Apple ID and password you set for resetting the Screen Time password. You can use a third-party tool - iPhone Unlocker.
iPhone Unlocker doesn't require your Apple ID and password and it's compatible with all iOS versions. It's also quick and easy to use, so you can get right back to using your restricted apps or websites in no time.
Another advantage of iPhone Unlocker is that you will not lose your data on the iPhone after resetting your Screen Time password.
1. First, make sure that Find My iPhone is turned off. You can do this by going into Settings and disabling the feature.
2. Download and install iPhone Unlocker on your Mac or PC.
3. Launch the software and choose Screen Time on the main interface.
4. Plug your iPhone into the computer with a charging cable, and you will receive a prompt on your iPhone, and tap on Trust. Then, click Done on the computer when the device is connected.
5. After reading the note, click Start to proceed.
6. The reset will begin and you can view its progress from the screen, which ends very soon.
7. When the Screen Time password is reset, you should pay attention to the warning when you set up the iPhone by the on-screen instruction. To prevent losing data, select Don't Transfer Apps & Data on the Apps & Data page and choose Set Up Later on the Screen Time page.
With the help of iPhone Unlocker, the Screen Time password is reset and you will not lose any data afterwards. If you want to set a new Screen Time password, you can do it on Settings.
The next two methods we provided will need you to erase your iPhone, which will cause all contents and data loss on the iPhone. So you'd better make a backup of your iPhone first and then use these two ways to reset the Screen Time on your iPhone. If you already have a backup, you can just start the reset.
If you want to reset the iPhone Screen Time password, you can perform a factory reset on your iPhone with Settings. This will erase all of the data stored on your iPhone, you should make sure there's an available backup of your iPhone. Follow the steps to reset your Screen Time password:
1. Open Settings on your iPhone and tap on General.
2. At the bottom of General, tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
3. Next, select Erase All Content and Settings and then tap on Continue.
4. Then, enter your lock screen passcode to proceed with the factory reset.
5. Tap on Erase iPhone to confirm the erasure and your iPhone will begin erasing.
Through iTunes, people can purchase, download and manage media like music, videos, etc., and store backups of iOS devices. Moreover, it can be used to restore an iPhone and reset its Screen Time password. You should check the requirements before the reset:
Note: You can use iTunes to make a backup of your iPhone before the restore process.
1. Download and install the latest version of iTunes on your PC or Mac.
2. Launch iTunes on your computer and turn off your iPhone as usual.
3. Put it into Recovery Mode and connect your iPhone to the computer.
The method for entering Recovery Mode varies depending on the iPhone model.
When you see the Recovery Mode screen appear, you can then release the button.
4. Click on the Restore option when a warning window is prompted in iTunes.
5. Choose Restore and Update to ensure you need to restore your iPhone.
After your iPhone is reset or restored, you can start setting it up and recover your backup from iCloud or your computer during the setup.
There are several ways to reset the iPhone Screen Time password, you can choose a suitable one depending on your situation. But you have to bear in mind that the method to reset or restore your iPhone will take more time because you need to back up your iPhone first and then restore your data during the setting process.