If you are locked out of iPhone 13 because you forgot its passcode or don't have one, then follow the tutorial in this article to see how to reset an iPhone 13 without the passcode and get back into it.
It is well known that Apple takes pride in the security of its devices. And it is almost impossible to unlock iPhone 13 without a passcode. The strong passcode protection also shows the other side of the coin that if you forget your iPhone 13 passcode, it is much harder to get access to your iPhone.
When your iPhone 13 is locked because you tried to bypass the passcode, the only way to re-access it without using passcode is to erase your iPhone 13 and reset it to the factory settings. This process will completely delete all the contents on your iPhone 13, which also prevents others from gaining access to the information inside your iPhone 13 if they try to forcefully unlock it.
Note: If you created a backup before your iPhone 13 was locked, then resetting iPhone 13 without a passcode is a piece of cake for you thanks to being able to retrieve your lost data from the backup.
This article will introduce several ways to reset an iPhone 13 without passcode, including not only using Find My, Erase iPhone, or Recovery Mode, but also using a powerful utility that specializes in solving iPhone passcode problems-iPhone Unlocker to factory reset your iPhone 13 without needing a passcode.
Table of Contents
Erase iPhone is an option to reset iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max directly, which is a new feature that comes with the iOS system upgrade to 15.2 version or later. Using this option will allow you to reset iPhone 13 without the need of computer and passcode.
But there are some prerequisites to use Erase iPhone feature:
Keep entering the wrong password combination until you see Erase iPhone option appear in the bottom right corner of "iPhone Unavailable" or "Security Lockout" screen, tap "Erase iPhone."
Then tap the "Erase iPhone" option again to make sure you know that the process will erase all your data and settings.
Enter your Apple ID password to log out of your Apple account, and the reset process will automatically start when your device has successfully verified the password.
When the reset process is complete, your iPhone 13 will reboot with a hello screen and the passcode will have been removed. Then you can follow the on-screen instructions to start setting up your device from scratch. If you have a backup, you can choose to restore your deleted data from computer or iCloud.
If your iPhone 13 doesn't have the Erase iPhone option or the Erase iPhone feature doesn't work, then you can try one of the official methods recommended by Apple - using Recovery Mode.
With the help of Finder or iTunes software, connect your iPhone 13 that has entered Recovery Mode to your computer and factory reset it without a passcode. The conditions for using iTunes and Finder are different.
1. If your iPhone 13 is connected to the computer, disconnect it. Turn your iPhone 13 off. Press and hold the Side button and the Volume down button at the same time until the power off slider appears. Then, drag the slider to turn off your iPhone 13.
2. Keep holding the Side button while immediately plugging your iPhone 13 into the computer. When you see the Recovery Mode screen on your iPhone, then release the Side button.
3. Once your iPhone 13 is recognized by iTunes or Finder, click the iPhone icon in the upper left corner of the main iTunes page; select the iPhone option in the left sidebar of Finder.
4. When you see an inquiry window, select the "Restore" option.
5. Select the "Restore and Update" option in the second inquiry window, then iTunes or Finder will download the software for your iPhone 13 and start the reset process.
Tip: If the process of downloading software takes more than 15 minutes, your iPhone 13 will exit Recovery Mode, don't disconnect your phone from the computer and don't stop downloading, put your iPhone 13 back into Recovery Mode according to the previous steps.
Both iTunes and Erase iPhone have conditions for use, and if these two methods don't satisfy you, then you can use a third-party software, iPhone Unlocker, to reset iPhone 13 to factory settings in easy and simple steps without entering passcode. This method doesn't require any special technology, nor does it have any conditional restrictions on its use.
iPhone Unlocker is a software specially designed to solve passcode problems on iOS devices with many amazing features, some of which are listed below:
To factory reset an iPhone 13 without passcode with iPhone Unlocker, follow these steps:
1. Download and run iPhone Unlocker on your computer. Select "Wipe Passcode" option from the home page and click the "Start" button.
2. Plug your device into the computer with the data cable while the iPhone Unlocker software is open. If there is no connection established, put your iPhone 13 in Recovery Mode by following the tutorials in the "Device connected but not recognized?" link.
3. After selecting and checking the information about iPhone 13, click "Start."
4. It will download the most appropriate iOS software for your iPhone from Apple servers.
5. Once the download is complete, a warning window will appear telling you that this step will remove all your iPhone's content and upgrade your iPhone to the latest version of iOS system. If you already know it, then enter "0000" and click "Unlock" button to start the reset process.
6. The circle in the center of the page represents the unlocking process, and the whole process will not take long to complete, please be patient.
When you finish the process of resetting an iPhone 13 without requiring passcode, you are free of the passcode, having the equivalent of a new phone. During the process of setting up iPhone 13, if you have already created a backup on your computer or in iCloud, you can choose whether to restore the backup in the Apps & Data step, depending on your situation.
iCloud Find My iPhone has many powerful features, it not only allows you to locate and find your lost device while offline, but also allows you to remotely erase your iPhone 13 to perform a reset on it.
The most important condition for using this method is that your unavailable iPhone 13 has enabled Find My. And your iPhone 13 should have a network connection.
1. Go to the iCloud website and sign in with your Apple credentials.
2. Locate the last "Find iPhone" icon on the main page and click on it.
3. Click on "All Devices" at the top of the map that shows the trail of all iOS devices associated with your Apple ID and select your iPhone13 from the list.
4. When a small window pops up giving you three options, select the "Erase iPhone" option.
5. Select "Erase" to trigger the reset process.
The above method shows you how to reset iPhone 13 without needing passcode, but sometimes you know the passcode of iPhone 13 and want to factory reset it. For example, if your iPhone's memory is full or you want to resell your phone, then you can reset your iPhone 13 directly from the Settings menu.
Note: Before resetting iPhone 13, remember to back up your iPhone 13 content so that you can restore the important data you need.
1. Navigate to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Erase All Content and Settings.
2. Choose "Continue" to proceed.
3. Enter passcode to unlock iPhone.
4. Click "Erase iPhone" to confirm that you want to reset your iPhone 13.