When you forgot your iPhone Screen Time passcode, you may not be able to use those apps or websites for which you have set time limits. Don't be upset! We will show you how to fix your problem in this article.
The iPhone Screen Time passcode is an additional restrictive passcode designed to limit the amount of time spent on apps and websites on iPhone. You can utilize it to prevent yourself from taking too much time on your iPhone. It is a good choice to control our usage of iPhone, but things get troublesome if you forgot your Screen Time passcode on iPhone.
We usually set the Screen Time passcode on iPhone differently from other passcodes like lock screen passcode, so it's common for us to forget the Screen Time passcode of iPhone. After forgetting your Screen Time passcode on iPhone, you can't access certain apps or websites that you have set Screen Time passcode to use when its usable time is over.
Here we offer user-friendly ways for you when you forgot the Screen Time passcode of your iPhone, you can reset the forgotten Screen Time passcode with Settings, iPhone Unlocker, or iTunes, read on the find out how to deal with your problem.
Table of Contents
The Screen Time report allows you to monitor the daily activity of your iPhone usage and you can set a Screen Time passcode to limit the usage of the apps or websites that you don't want to spend too much time on based on the report. You can also use other features like Downtime to schedule a block of time to limit the usage on the iPhone.
If you are looking for an efficient and uninterrupted way to track what your child is doing on the iPhone, Screen Time is the best feature that enables you to check the activity. Apple provides Screen Time passcode not only on your iPhone, but also on your child's iPhone, or any devices that are signed in to the same iCloud spend on the devices.
It's a great precaution to control the usage of all your devices and your child's device. However, what if you forgot the Screen Time passcode on your iPhone and can't approach your limited apps and websites? Let's talk about the solutions to this situation now.
The fastest way to reset the forgotten Screen Time passcode on your iPhone is to directly change it or turn it off in Settings. But your iPhone should be iOS 13.4 or later and you have to reset the Screen Time passcode with the Apple ID and password you set. If you meet the above requirements, continue to reset your Screen Time passcode.
1. Open Settings app on your iPhone and select "Screen Time."
2. Tap on "Change Screen Time Passcode" on the Screen Time page.
3. Click "Change Screen Time Passcode" again. If you want to turn it off, choose "Turn Off Screen Time Passcode."
4. Then, tap "Forgot Passcode?" to change your Screen Time passcode.
5. Finally, you will need to enter your Apple ID and password and then click "OK."
Now, you can create a new Screen Time passcode or choose not to use it. If there's no "Forgot Passcode?" option on your iPhone, you can still reset it by the following methods.
When you forgot the Screen Time passcode on your iPhone, it may occur that you don't feel like updating your iPhone's software to the newest version. If you are wondering whether there is a workaround to your problem, you can try iPhone Unlocker.
iPhone Unlocker makes resetting forgotten Screen Time passcode of iPhone easy and efficient without having to put in a lot of effort. You can download iPhone Unlocker on your computer and follow the simple steps to bypass your forgotten Screen Time passcode on iPhone.
Note: iPhone Unlocker keeps your content private and the content won't be accessed during the process of bypassing the forgotten Screen Time passcode on your iPhone. After the reset, all your data on iPhone will be well preserved.
1. The first thing to do is to turn off Find My on your iPhone: Go to Settings > [your name] > Find My > Find My iPhone > Enter the Apple ID password your iPhone used.
2. Download and install iPhone Unlocker on your computer and then launch it.
3. Click the purple "Screen Time" option from the three options.
4. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a compatible cable.
5. When your device is connected, click "Trust" on a popup shows on your iPhone, then click "Done" to enable the iPhone to work with iPhone Unlocker.
6. Next, click "Start" to begin removing the Screen Time passcode you forgot on your iPhone.
7. The resetting process will display on screen, wait for it to go to 100%, and your forgotten Screen Time passcode on iPhone will be deleted.
8. You can now set your iPhone up according to the warning in case of any data loss or the Screen Time passcode isn't removed entirely.
Resetting your forgotten Screen Time on iPhone with iPhone Unlocker will not cause any data loss, and the whole process only takes a few minutes. In addition to the first two methods mentioned above, we also have two more ways to solve your problem.
However, the rest two solutions will require you to reset your iPhone to factory settings to remove the forgotten Screen Time passcode of your iPhone, which will erase all data on your iPhone. So, if you don't have a backup of your iPhone, you should back it up with iCloud or your computer first.
You can reset your iPhone straight from Settings to delete the Screen Time passcode of your iPhone that you forgot. Remember to make a back of your iPhone before resetting it. Follow the steps below to learn how to make it happen:
1. Open Settings app on your iPhone and click on "General."
2. Slide down and select "Transfer or Reset iPhone."
3. Next, tap on "Erase All Content and Settings" at the bottom of the screen.
4. Click "Continue" to proceed to the erase iPhone process.
5. Then, enter your iPhone's lock screen passcode.
6. After entering your iPhone passcode, click Erase iPhone to confirm the reset.
Having your Screen Time passcode on iPhone forgotten can cause a lot of inconveniences. You can also restore your iPhone with iTunes to wipe the forgotten Screen Time passcode of iPhone. Here are some requirements you need to follow before you begin:
1. Download and install the newest version of iTunes on your PC or Mac, then open it.
2. Unplug your iPhone from the computer if it's plugged.
3. Turn off your iPhone.
When you see the power off slider, drag it to power off your iPhone.
4. Next, put your iPhone into Recovery Mode.
5. Click "Restore" on the window that pops up in iTunes.
6. Click "Restore and Update" to confirm you want to restore the iPhone so that you can erase the forgotten Screen Time passcode of iPhone and iTunes will begin restoring the iPhone.
Be aware that after resetting your iPhone with the above two methods, all content and settings on your iPhone will be deleted, including your forgotten iPhone Screen Time passcode. You can recover your data when start setting up your iPhone from scratch.
There's no need to worry if you forgot iPhone Screen Time passcode. With the solutions we offered, you can deal with it easily.
If you want to bypass the forgotten Screen Time passcode on your iPhone in a fast way, you should choose Settings or iPhone Unlocker. As for the rest two methods, if you don't have a backup of your iPhone, remember to back up your iPhone before diving into resetting the iPhone.