Feel like a location change on your iPad? Check out these simple and easy ways to change your iPad's location without jailbreaking the device.
GPS location tracking is an amazing feature of an iPad. You can share your real-time location with your friends and family members to stay on track. Besides, the option prevents you from getting astray and making through complicated routes.
However, you may want to change your iPad's location now and then. For instance, you can't enjoy streaming services like Netflix due to geo-restrictions until you change the iPad location; or you may also want to prank your friends on Twitter or Facebook with a location change on your iPad.
In any case, you don't need to jailbreak your iPad for the change of your location. Instead, you have several options to change the iPad's location with ease, like using a VPN or a brilliant software, Location Changer.
Note: Changing the iPad location is perfectly legal, so please don't worry. But noted that it might restrict you from downloading any apps that's available to you before from the Apple App Store.
Table of Contents
Probably, the simplest method to change the location on your iPad is to use Settings, as this method does not require any technical knowledge or expertise. Let's see the notes and steps about taking this approach.
Once you've performed the aforementioned actions, you can change your iPad's location by following these steps:
1. Go to Settings in your iPad and tap your name. Select Media & Purchases.
2. From the pop-up menu, tap View Account.
3. Enter your Apple ID password to sign in.
4. Tap Country/Region.
5. Tap Change Country or Region.
6. Select your designated country or region from the list.
7. Review the Terms & Conditions first, and tap Agree. Tap it again if a prompt shows up later.
8. Select a payment method for the new country or region. Also, fill out the correct payment information and tap Next.
Soon your region will be changed on the iPad. Feel free to reach the content that's not available to you before.
If you'd like to change your iPad location to a more specific place, try Location Changer. With a user-friendly layout, this desktop software makes it easy for iOS users to change their iPad's GPS locations to anywhere at will. Better still, it can simulate GPS movements along your preferred route at a customized speed, which spares you the trouble of travelling around the world if you play location-based games like Pokémon GO.
Tip: This software is compatible with iPad and iPhone to change the location, whatever the model and iOS version.
Here's a guide on how to fake the location on your iPad by Location Changer.
1. Launch the software on your Mac or PC, and hit Start.
2. Plug your iPad into the computer and make the device recognized by following the onscreen instructions. Once your iPad is detected, a menu with 4 options will appear. Select Modify Location in the left.
3. Later, the screen will display a virtual map showing your current location. In the upper-left corner, enter a place name that you want your iPad to change the location to.
Note: You'll need to turn on Developer Mode in your iPad for changing the location.
4. Select a destination from the search list and click Confirm Modify. In no time will your iPad's location be changed to where you've selected. You can check it on the Apple map in your iPad.
Tip: In case that you want an iPad location change to the same location next time, you can save the location as a favorite for convenience.
If you want your iPad to locate where you are in real time, just restart the device and it will get your actual location instead of the changed one.
Alternatively, you can use a reliable VPN to change your iPad's location. The Apple App Store offers plenty of VPN options for you and you are free to select any one as you like.
Here we will show you how to do it by use of NordVPN, which is a rather reputable and secure VPN in terms of iPad location changing.
1. Download and install NordVPN on your iPad.
2. Create a new account or sign in to your NordVPN account, and buy a subscription.
3. If asked for permission for VPN configurations, tap Allow to proceed.
4. Select a server, according to the region you want your iPad location to be faked to.
5. Tap Quick Connect and wait for a few seconds until a connection with the VPN is established.
6. Clear the cache and cookies in your iPad's Settings to delete any information that may reveal your actual location.
The location on your iPad will be changed successfully then.
Changing iPad's location is not helpful all the time, as there are still some drawbacks you may need to stand with:
Suppose you've recently landed in London, but your iPad weather widget is showing results for New York. To change the weather location on your iPad easily, take the steps below.
1. Long-press the weather widget on your iPad until a list appears from below. Tap Edit "Weather."
2. Tap Location.
3. Search for a location manually in the field. Select one from the searching results.
After the selection, tap anywhere on the home screen, and the weather location will be updated.