If you forget your iPhone passcode or your Face ID doesn't work anymore, don't panic, you can choose any of the methods mentioned in this article to unlock your iPhone without a passcode or Face ID.
Ever since Face ID came out, we've been hearing about just how bulletproof Apple's security is. Because your iPhone will only unlock after your facial information is recognized to verify that you are the owner of the device. But most of us use Face ID so often that we forget what the actual passcode for our iPhone is, which is a more troublesome problem than you might think.
According to Apple's security settings, if you forget your passcode and your Face ID dosen't work, your iPhone will not be unlocked until you reset it. Resetting your iPhone will remove your passcode while deleting your data and settings, allowing you to unlock your iPhone without a passcode or Face ID.
You could unlock iPhone bypassing the need for a passcode and Face ID through simple third-party tools like iPhone Unlocker, or you can try the Erase iPhone option, iTunes, or Find My iPhone to unlock your iPhone without passcode or Face ID.
Note: All methods of unlocking iPhone without a passcode and Face ID will result in the deletion of all data stored in the iPhone, which is inevitable. But if you have previously created a backup in your computer, you can restore your data from the latest backup during the process of setting up iPhone.
Table of Contents
Here are four ways you can use to unlock iPhone without needing your passcode or Face ID.
Erase iPhone is a feature that comes with iOS devices upgraded to version 15.2 and later to meet your need to unlock your iPhone without a passcode, Face ID and computer. But it will only work if your locked iPhone has a stable network connection and you know your Apple ID's password.
Step 1. After you have entered the wrong password seven times in succession, a warning message iPhone Unavailable or Security Lockout will appear on the iPhone screen along with an Erase iPhone option in the bottom right corner of the screen. Tap the Erase iPhone option.
Step 2. Tap the Erase iPhone option again in the bottom right corner of the Erase All Content & Settings page.
Note: This step will prompt you that all data and settings on your iPhone will be erased, including photos, videos, files, apps, etc.
Step 3. Follow the instructions to sign out of your Apple ID by entering your Apple password. Then your iPhone will automatically enter the reset process.
With the end of the reset process and the removal of the old passcode, your iPhone will restart with a hello screen and then you can unlock your iPhone without passcode and Face ID.
If you have a previous backup on your computer, you can restore your data from the backup when setting up your iPhone. Follow the prompts to set up your iPhone, and when you go to the Apps & Data step, select Restore from iCloud backup or Restore from Mac or PC. If you don't have a backup, select Don't transfer Apps & Data and continue with the next steps.
Prefer video content to text? Watch the video below.
Although iTunes is mainly used to play and manage digital music and video files, you can also choose to put iPhone into Recovery Mode with the help of iTunes to achieve the effect of unlocking iPhone without Face ID or knowing the passcode.
1. Launch the latest version of iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to the computer through a USB cable.
2. Turn off your iPhone and then press the correct combination of buttons long enough for the Recovery Mode to show up on your screen.
The process of activating Recovery Mode differs from one iPhone model to another, follow the correct way to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode according to the model you are using.
3. After you successfully enter the Recovery Mode, iTunes will recognize your connected iPhone and pop up a small box asking you whether you want to Update or Restore your iPhone. Click Restore to unlock your iPhone without password.
4. Select Restore and Update in the next box that reconfirms your selection. The reset process will begin once you have made your choice.
Once it's done resetting, you are able to unlock your iPhone without a passcode and Face ID and regain access to your phone.
Erase iPhone option is not able to satisfy all versions of iPhone, and Recovery Mode tends to be too complicated for most people. If you want to try a quick and easy way to unlock your iPhone without all of these little hurdles, using a third-party tool might just work best!
In such cases, choosing iPhone Unlocker might just be the best way to unlock your iPhone if your Face ID and password are not applicable. For this, you need to download the iPhone Unlocker tool on your computer. Once it's downloaded, go ahead and install it, so it's ready to use.
1. When you first launch the software, you'll see that it has a nice interface and everything is super clear. There are multiple options to choose from here, click on the Wipe Passcode option, which will be used to get rid of the passcode on your iPhone.
2. Plug your iPhone into the computer through a USB cable and make it enter Recovery Mode following the tutorial in the "Device connected but not recognized" link.
Note: Make sure it's a stable cable, so it will not end up disconnecting mid-way through the process.
3. Once your iPhone is detected, you'll see its information on the interface. Make sure all of the information is correct, and then click Start.
4. It'll download the relevant software on your iPhone that allows it to be unlocked even without the passcode that you had originally set.
5. Once the download is complete, you need to type in 0000 and click on Unlock option to proceed.
Tip: While this process will erase your data and update your iPhone to the latest iOS, you'll be able to get into your iPhone and restore your data from your backup.
6. Now you just wait for the software to unlock your iPhone, and the process won't take long.
Apple's Find My iPhone feature isn't just designed to find your iPhone when you lose it, it also contains features you can use for other things, one of which is to bypass passcodes and Face ID to unlock your iPhone.
But the key to using this method is that your iPhone is enabled with Find My and has a network connection, otherwise you will not be able to use this method, you can only try the first three described methods to unlock your iPhone without passcodes and Face ID.
1. Head to the iCloud.com website on a computer and log in using your Apple credentials.
2. Click on the last icon, Find iPhone.
3. Click on All Devices at the top of page and select your iPhone from the list of your devices.
4. Then you'll see a small box pop up with three options. Select Erase iPhone.
5. At the next small box to confirm your selection, select Erase.