If you are struggling with how to reset iPhone without a passcode, then this article will help you out by introducing you four effective methods of resetting an iPhone to its factory settings without password.
How important is it to you to keep your iPhone secure? For many of users, their iPhones contain a wealth of personal information, from their contacts and calendar to their social media accounts and precious photos.
So it's no surprise that you're willing to go to great lengths to protect your iPhone with passwords, fingerprint scanners, and even facial recognition technology. But what to do if you forget your iPhone password? Or what if you want to sell a used iPhone and need to wipe it clean first? In these situations, you'll need to know how to factory reset your iPhone without the password.
There are a few ways to reset iPhone to its factory settings without password, but some of these methods have their benefits and their limitations. We'll explore all of the methods and a third-party software, iPhone Unlocker, so that you can decide which one is right for you to factory reset an iPhone without using a password.
Table of Contents
As we all know, the security system of iPhone is very trustworthy because it is totally dedicated to protect the privacy and security of customers from the users' point of view. Therefore, no one else can open your iPhone in any case without a password. Entering too many wrong passcodes will only cause your iPhone to lock automatically.
iPhone allows the only way to regain access to iPhone without password is by resetting to its default settings. Doing a factory reset on your iPhone without passcode will remove all your private data from your iPhone, returning your iPhone to its original state, in which case users will not have to worry about the disclosure of their photos, messages, files, and other important information.
Bonus Tip: If you have previously created a backup, you can avoid losing your data when you factory reset your iPhone without a password. Once you have a backup, you can restore your deleted data to your device from iCloud or computer after completing the reset process.
So now that we've covered the basics, let's take a look at how to reset your iPhone and unlock it without password via different methods.
The Erase iPhone feature makes it easy for iPhone users running iOS version 15.2 or later to factory reset their iPhone without a passcode, as long as their locked iPhone has a stable Internet connection. When you try your password incorrectly seven times in a row, the Erase iPhone option will appear in the bottom right corner of the iPhone Unavailable screen.
Note: Using Erase iPhone option needs the help of your Apple ID password, which means you should remember your Apple credentials well.
First tap the Erase iPhone option, then tap the Erase iPhone option again on the next page of Erase All Content & Settings, and finally enter your Apple password according to the prompt.
After iPhone has verified your identity, your iPhone will enter the factory reset process to erase your data and remove your password. But you can restore your private data from your computer or iCloud backup in the App & Data step during the process of setting up your iPhone.
Luckily, many developers have heard the cries of users needing to regain access to their iPhones. These individuals have developed third-party tools that can be used to factory reset iPhone without the need of password, which is a excellent new for those who are locked out of their iPhones!
iPhone Unlocker is such a multifunctional third-party tool that helps you reset your iPhone to factory default and successfully unlock iPhone without password. When you cannot use the Erase iPhone option, there is no way to reset your iPhone faster and more easily than choosing iPhone Unlocker, owing to its effortless operation without any technical background.
Here's how to use iPhone Unlocker to factory reset your iPhone without a password.
1. After downloading and installing iPhone Unlocker on computer, run iPhone Unlocker and click on the Wipe Passcode option on the interface.
2. Connect the iPhone to the computer, click "Device connected but not recognized" on the next page, and follow the correct instructions to put the iPhone into Recovery Mode according to the model you are using.
3. Confirm your iPhone information and click Start to download the appropriate firmware package for your iPhone.
Wait for the software download to complete, and this process will not take much time.
4. After the firmware package is downloaded, enter 0000 according to the prompts and click on Unlock option.
Note: The red part of warning will prompt you that this step will erase all your data.
5. The software will take some time to reset your iPhone automatically. After unlocking successfully, your iPhone will restart as a new brand phone and you can set it up again.
Once the reset process is complete, you'll be able to access your iPhone without a password. So if you don't know your iPhone password, don't stress – use iPhone Unlocker to factory reset your iPhone bypassing passcode.
Here is another method that allows you to remotely factory reset your iPhone without a passcode by Find My. This method requires that your iPhone has a smooth network connection, and the Find My function is enabled on your iPhone. You can use Find My to unlock iPhone without passcode only if these conditions are met at the same time, otherwise you can only choose other methods.
The steps are as follows：
1. Log in to the iCloud.com website and sign in to your account.
2. Select the Find My icon from the menu.
3. Click on All Devices at the top and click on your locked iPhone in the displayed list.
4. Click on Erase iPhone in the pop-up box.
5. Click on Erase in the reconfirmed message box and your iPhone will start to restore its settings.
If you don't know your iPhone password, you could reset your iPhone through Recovery Mode with the help of iTunes or Finder. For this method, the first thing you need is to install the latest version of iTunes on your computer, and then prepare a data cable to connect your iPhone and computer.
Note: For macOS Catalina and Later - open Finder; for macOS Mojave and Prior or Windows – open the latest version of iTunes.
1. Launch iTunes or Finder on your computer and turn off your iPhone.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer and put it into Recovery Mode according to the right combination of buttons.
Tip: When you see a data cable pointing to the computer on the screen, it means your iPhone is in the Recovery Mode.
3. When iTunes recognizes the connected iPhone, a dialogue box will pop up with a message asking you to choose Update or Restore. Click on Restore option.
4. Select Restore and Update option to confirm your choice in the next pop-up box.
After the reset process, you will be able to get into your iPhone without a password. And if you have a backup, you can restore it during the setup process.
Now that you know how to factory reset your iPhone without password via different methods, you can choose the appropriate method according to your own situation. If you don't know which method is the best, we recommend trying iPhone Unlocker directly as it has no limitations and is easy to use. It is worth to try it!