If you are struggling with how to factory reset iPhone without a passcode, this article will introduce you 5 effective ways to reset your iPhone to factory settings without password.
Passcode is very important for protecting the privacy and security of your iPhone. But sometimes you forget your iPhone passcode and get an iPhone Unavailable warning. Or maybe you suddenly find an old iPhone but have forgotten its passcode. In this case, you'll have to factory reset iPhone without passcode to access it again.
Fortunately, this post will explore the available methods on how to factory reset iPhone without password. When you forget the passcode, you can try these effective methods to factory reset an iPhone without the passcode to unlock it, which are available for iPhone 14/13/12/11 models!
Table of Contents
Note: Factory resetting iPhone without password will erase all the data and settings in your iPhone, including photos, music, videos, text messages, etc. But with a backup previously created in iCloud or iTunes, you can restore lost data from a backup while setting up iPhone.
If you are looking for a quick and highly successful method to factory reset your iPhone without passcode, then iPhone Unlocker can be your best choice. With a simple interface and just a few clicks, you can reset your iPhone to factory settings without a passcode, allowing you to regain access data files on your iPhone.
It can not only remove your four-digit or six-digit password, Face ID, Touch ID, it can also remove your Apple ID password and Screen Time. In addition, it supports various iPhone models and the latest iOS.
Here's how to factory reset iPhone without password and iTunes using iPhone Unlocker:
1. Run iPhone Unlocker and click on the "Wipe Passcode" option on the interface.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer with a lightening-to-USB cable, click "Device connected but not recognized" and follow the correct instructions for putting your iPhone into recovery mode, depending on the iPhone model you're using.
3. Confirm your iPhone information and click "Start" to download the appropriate firmware package for your iPhone.
Wait for the software download to complete, and this process will not take much time.
4. After the firmware package is downloaded, enter "0000" and click "Unlock" option to start the process of wiping the iPhone.
Note: The red part of warning will prompt you that this step will erase all your data and install the latest iOS on your iPhone.
5. The software will take some time to reset your iPhone automatically. After unlocking successfully, your iPhone will restart as a new brand phone and you can set it up.
There is a video tutorial on how to factory reset a locked iPhone without password:
If you don't know your iPhone password and get your iPhone locked, you can factory reset an iPhone without password through recovery mode with the help of iTunes or Finder. You should make sure the iTunes installed on your PC is up to date, and then prepare a data cable to build the connection between iPhone and computer.
Note: For macOS Catalina and Later, use Finder; for macOS Mojave and Prior or Windows, use the latest version of iTunes.
1. Launch iTunes or Finder on your computer and turn off your iPhone.
2. Plug your locked iPhone into the computer with data cable and put it into recovery mode using the right combination of buttons.
3. When iTunes/Finder recognizes the connected iPhone, a dialogue box will pop up with a message asking you to choose Update or Restore, click on "Restore" option.
4. Select "Restore and Update" option to confirm your choice in the next pop-up box.
After the reset process, your iPhone will restart and you will be able to get into iPhone without a password. If you have a backup, you can retrieve deleted data during the setup process.
If you are used to using iTunes for data sync before, then you can use another way of iTunes to factory reset your iPhone without password. The advantage of this method is that iTunes will automatically backup your iPhone without entering the passcode, which is beneficial for you to restore your lost important files from iTunes backup after reset.
Here are the steps to factory reset an iPhone without passcode via iTunes:
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Run the latest iTunes app on your desktop.
3. Click the "iPhone" icon in the upper left corner and go to the "Summary" tab.
4. Click "Restore iPhone" to start restoring your iPhone to its original settings.
In addition to backing up and storing iPhone data files and sharing them between devices, iCloud can also remotely locate your iPhone and wirelessly erase your iPhone through Find My feature.
But using iCloud to factory reset an iPhone without a passcode requires that your locked iPhone has Find My enabled and has an internet connection.
1. Visit to the icloud.com and sign into your iCloud account.
2. Select the "Find My" icon from the menu and enter your Apple ID password again.
3. Click on "All devices" at the top and locate your locked iPhone in the displayed list.
4. Click on "Erase iPhone" in the pop-up box.
5. Hit "Erase" in the reconfirmed box and it'll be factory reset immediately.
If you are wondering whether you can factory reset your iPhone without passcode or computer, then congratulations, since the iOS upgrade to 15.2, it has introduced a Security Lockout feature, which provides an "Erase iPhone" option that lets you reset your iPhone without using a computer, so as to achieve the purpose of deleting iPhone passcode.
Here are some conditions that need to be met to use this method:
After you keep trying the wrong passcode, the "Erase iPhone" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the "iPhone Unavailable" screen. Tap on the "Erase iPhone" option, then tap "Erase iPhone" option again on the Erase All Content & Settings screen. Finally, follow the prompts to enter your Apple ID password to factory reset your iPhone and bypass the forgotten passcode.
Now that you know how to factory reset iPhone without the password via different methods, you can choose the appropriate method according to your own situation. If you don't know which method is the best, we recommend trying iPhone Unlocker directly as it has no limitations and is easy to use. It is worth to try it!