If you have forgotten your iPhone X password and are looking for a solution, then follow the guide in this article to unlock your forgotten password on iPhone X by resetting your iPhone X.
When you find that you have forgotten your iPhone X password, your first reaction may be to keep guessing and trying new passwords. But the number of guesses is not infinite, as you try more and more wrong passwords, the time you wait to retry will keep on growing, from 1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 60 minutes, or even finally tell you to connect to iTunes, which also means you can't try to enter the password to unlock your iPhone X again!
But don't be too desperate, if you do get your iPhone X passcode forgotten and get locked out of your iPhone X, the only way you can unlock your iPhone X without a passcode is by resetting your iPhone to itself factory settings.
However, it is important to note that the reset process will delete all your iPhone X data and settings, including pictures, videos, messages, files, etc. But if your iPhone X was backed up in your computer or iCloud before it was locked, then you can restore your deleted data from the latest backup after the reset.
This article will recommend five effective ways for you to deal with the problem of forgetting your iPhone X passcode, including using Erase iPhone, iTunes, Recovery Mode, Find My and a reliable third-party tool - iPhone Unlocker to bypass the forgotten passcode on iPhone X.
Table of Contents
Erase iPhone feature is a simple and go-to method to unlock your iPhone X when you forgot your password. But keep in mind, this feature only comes with iOS 15.2 or later, if your iPhone is running older iOS versions you will not be able to use this feature.
Erase iPhone can be seen on the bottom right of the Unavailable iPhone or Security Lockout screen, which can help you completely delete the data on your iPhone X and its password without having to access a Mac or PC.
Requirements for using Erase iPhone:
After seven consecutive incorrect passcode attempts, iPhone will prevent you from guessing the passcode further and make you wait 15 minutes. At this point you will see the Erase iPhone option on the lower right part of the Unavailable iPhone or Security Lockout screen.
1. Tap Erase iPhone option on the lower right part of your iPhone screen.
2. Tap Erase iPhone option again to delete all your data and settings stored on your iPhone.
3. Enter your Apple password to sign out of your Apple ID in this step. After you put the Apple password, you will be able to see the progress of resetting your iPhone X.
It will take some time to complete the process and when the process is over, your iPhone X that has forgotten its passcode will automatically restart with a Hello screen.
Pros of Erases iPhone:
Therefore, when you forget your password, choosing this method is not foolproof.
If your Erase iPhone doesn't work, then you can try using a reliable and effective third-party tool - iPhone Unlocker.
iPhone Unlocker is an excellent, seamless, and easy-to-use software with an intuitive interface that helps you unlock your iPhone X if you forgot your iPhone X password. With a few clicks on iPhone Unlocker interface, you can easily erase your forgotten password on iPhone X and regain access to your iPhone X.
Pros of iPhone Unlocker:
First and foremost, you should download and install the iPhone Unlocker from the given link on your PC or Mac.
1. Open iPhone Unlocker and click the Wipe Passcode option on the first page.
2. Plug your iPhone X into computer. If your computer does not recognize your iPhone X, the software will prompt you to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode according to the tutorial on the "Device connected but not recognized" link.
3. Once detected, iPhone Unlocker will let you check your iPhone X information. If the relevant information is correct, then click Start to the next step.
4. Download appropriate software for your iPhone X from Apple server.
5. Once the download is complete, it will be directed to the Unlock Confirmation, which asks you to type in 0000, followed by clicking on the Unlock option.
Note: Unlocking your iPhone X will delete all your data and files, and the latest iOS will be downloaded to your iPhone X.
6. Wait for the iPhone Unlocker software to finish unlocking your iPhone X.
After a successful unlock, your iPhone X is restored to its factory settings and your forgotten passcode on iPhone X is successfully removed, then you can start setting up your iPhone X as a new phone.
Tip: During the process of setting up your iPhone X, if you make a backup before being locked out, you can choose to restore your deleted data from iCloud or your computer when you come to the Apps & Data step; if you didn't make a backup, then you should follow the prompts to set up your iPhone X like a brand-new phone.
Find My iPhone is an excellent feature that helps Apple users to access their devices on the iCloud and reset it or find their location in case they lose their devices. But when you don't remember your iPhone X password, you can also unlock your iPhone by Find My.
You can simply go to iCloud.com and check all the devices connected to your Apple account, from there you can select your iPhone X that you forgot the password for and remove the forgotten password by resetting it to factory settings as well.
Follow these steps：
1. Open the iCloud.com webpage on your computer and sign in with the same Apple credentials as your locked iPhone X.
2. Click on Find iPhone icon to continue.
3. Click All Devices at the top of page and choose your iPhone X from the list.
4. When a small window with three options appears, select Erase iPhone.
5. When you get a prompt asking you to confirm your choice, click Erase.
iTunes is not only a music and video file manager, but it can also be very useful to reset your iPhone X and get into it when you forget your iPhone X password.
If you have already trusted your computer and synced your iPhone with iTunes through this computer before, then congratulations, you will be able to unlock your iPhone without losing your data and bypass the forgotten password on your iPhone X.
1. Connect your iPhone X to your computer and open iTunes.
2. Once iTunes detects your iPhone, click on the iPhone icon displayed in the top left of the iTunes interface and select the Summary option.
3. Select Restore iPhone to start unlocking process.
The premise of this method is that your iPhone and iTunes must have been synced on your computer before being locked, otherwise, iTunes still requires you to enter your password.
You also can try putting the iPhone into Recovery Mode to bypass your forgotten password on iPhone X. Recovery Mode is a powerful tool for solving any software problem you may encounter. To use this method, you'll need a computer with iTunes or Finder installed on it and then to follow these steps.
Step 1: Turn off your iPhone X
Open iTunes or Finder on your computer and turn off your iPhone X.
Keep pressing both the Side button and the Volume down button until you see the power off slider, then drag the slider to turn off your iPhone X.
Tip: For macOS Catalina and Later: Open Finder. For macOS Mojave and Prior or Windows: Open the latest version of iTunes.
Step 2: Force iPhone X to enter Recovery Mode
Keep holding the Side button while connecting your iPhone to the computer. Release the Side button when a screen with a cable pointing to the computer appears.
Step 3: Restore iPhone X
Once your iPhone X is detected, the prompt "There is a problem with the iPhone that requires it to be updated or restored" will be displayed on iTunes or Finder. Select Restore.
Then Click Restore and Update at the next prompt to start the reset process.
Tip: If you don't want to encounter these trivial problems and want to unlock your iPhone X easily and quickly when you forget your passcode, then iPhone Unlocker is the best choice for you.