If you need to factory reset your iPhone for some reason, there are some of the most effective methods to reset an iPhone without needing a passcode and computer.
Apple passcode can effectively protect privacy because of its strong security protection system, which on the other hand shows that it's almost impossible for you to access iPhone without a passcode. An iPhone Unavailable or Security Lockout warning will appear on the screen after you have made multiple incorrect passcode attempts, causing you to be locked out of iPhone.
When your iPhone is locked, you can only bypass the passcode by resetting the iPhone, which will delete all data and help you remove the passcode. Do you think you need a computer for such a complicated process as resetting your iPhone? But it's not, there are still ways you can reset iPhone without using a passcode and a computer.
If you forgot iPhone passcode, you can use Erase iPhone or Find My app to do a reset on an iPhone without computer and passcode. But this article not only introduces the methods of factory resetting iPhone without passcode and computer, but also introduces how to reset iPhone without a passcode by using iPhone Unlocker or Recovery Mode.
Table of Contents
You may want to reset your iPhone, especially when iPhone is running slowly or out of memory. Resetting will delete all data and settings on the iPhone, including photos, videos, messages, applications, as well as the passcode you set, bring iPhone to its factory settings, which is equivalent to having a brand-new phone.
Knowing how to factory reset iPhone without requiring a passcode or computer will be very useful if you forget your password or don't know it.
Tip: If you created a backup before it was locked, then you can restore your lost data from the backup after the reset of your iPhone is over.
Apple has added some new features for devices upgraded to iOS 15.2 or above, including an Erase iPhone option that appears on the iPhone Unavailable or Security Lockout page. A locked iPhone can now be reset by the Erase iPhone option without passcode and without being connected to a computer.
Note: In addition to the fact that the locked iPhone is running iOS 15.2 or above, using this method requires your apple ID password, and the iPhone must have an available network connection.
1. After you keep typing in the wrong passcode, an Erase iPhone option will appear at the bottom right of the screen. Tap on the Erase iPhone option.
2. When you go to Erase All Contents & Settings page, tap Erase iPhone option again to confirm.
3. Then, sign out of Apple ID using your Apple ID password to begin the process of resetting.
Once your iPhone restarts with the hello page, you will be able to follow on-screen instructions to set up your iPhone. And you can restore your data from a backup and set a new passcode.
Note: If you have a good habit of backing up or created a backup before iPhone is locked, during the setup process, you can see the option to restore data from Mac/PC or iCloud on the Apps & Data page, and choose the appropriate option to retrieve lost data according to your situation.
Prefer video content to text? Watch the video below.
You can reset iPhone without password and computer through Find My app of other iOS devices. But this method works only if your locked iPhone has the Find My feature enabled and has an Internet connection. If you meet these conditions, the Find My app will reset your iPhone to its production settings without the need for a passcode and a computer.
1. Open the Find My app on your other iOS device, such as an iPad or another iPhone.
2. Click Devices at the bottom and select the iPhone you want to reset from the list.
Tip: The Apple account to log in to Find My app must be the same as your locked iPhone, otherwise you will not find the device you want to reset in the list.
3. Scroll down the page and tap on the Erase This Device option.
4. Tap the Continue option and then tap the Erase option on the top right corner of the page to perform a reset on the device.
When this process is complete, you can set up your iPhone from scratch and recover your deleted data from the backup.
Tip: If you don't have a computer, you can log in to iCloud.com web from another phone and use the Find iPhone feature to reset iPhone without a password. It works similar to Find My app.
The methods listed above allow you to perform a reset on your iPhone without connecting to a computer or having a passcode. But they have some limitations, such as iPhone not upgraded to iOS 15.2 or above or Find My not activated. If you want to reset an iPhone without entering passcode, the following methods can help you. But these methods require the use of a computer, you can borrow one or go to a place with a computer to try them.
iPhone Unlocker is a multifunctional third-party tool that helps you remove the passcode from iPhone and erase all the contents stored on your iPhone, allowing you to reset the iPhone when you forget your passcode or don't have one. It works with all iPhone models and you can start the reset process quickly with just a few clicks of the mouse.
Download iPhone Unlocker and start resetting iPhone to its factory settings without passcode according to the following steps.
1. Connect your iPhone to the computer and open iPhone Unlocker, then select the Wipe Passcode option on the main page and click Start.
2. In order for the software to recognize your iPhone, click on the "Device connected but not recognize?" link and follow the instructions in the link to put your iPhone into Recovery Mode.
3. After selecting and confirming the information about your device, click Start.
4. The software will download the appropriate firmware package for your iPhone.
5. Once the software is downloaded, follow the prompts to enter 0000 and click Unlcok to start the reset process.
6. The process of unlocking iPhone will take some time, make sure the connection between iPhone and computer is not disconnected during this period. Your password will be removed with the successful unlocking of your iPhone.
Tip: You can restore the backup from iCloud or your computer during the process of setting the iPhone up after the reset process.
Plug the iPhone into a computer and use Recovery Mode with the help of iTunes or Finder, you can also reset the iPhone to its factory default without passcode.
1. Launch iTunes or Finder on the computer and turn the iPhone off.
2. Connect the computer to the iPhone and put the iPhone into Recovery Mode with the correct combination of buttons according to the iPhone model you are using.
3. When a prompt pops up, giving you the option of Restore or Update, select the Restore option.
4. Select the Restore and Update option in the next pop-up window.
Tip: Because some users may fail to enter Recovery Mode or he/she is a technical novice who can't figure out how to enter Recovery Mode. In such cases, it is wise to choose the simple operation of iPhone Unlocker to reset the iPhone without password.