How do you get into your iPhone if you forgot your password? Well, there are many ways for you to get back into your locked iPhone, let's talk about them in this article!
Lock screen password and Face ID or Touch ID serve your iPhone and protect it from prying eyes. The first rule of using your iPhone password is to keep it in your mind. However, it's common to forget your iPhone password, maybe it's because you just changed a new password or it's an iPhone you haven't used in a long time.
For whatever reason, you might wonder how to get into your iPhone if you forgot your password completely. There are still methods to help you solve your problem, but it requires you to reset your iPhone to its factory settings, which means all your data will be erased including your forgotten password so that you can get back into your iPhone.
This tutorial will show you how to get into your iPhone if you have forgotten your password. You can try iPhone Unlocker, it's a tool that can unlock your iPhone within a few clicks. Or other methods like the Erase iPhone option, iCloud, or iTunes.
Tip: If you forgot your lock screen passcode on your iPhone, you can check out: How to open iPhone without passcode
Table of Contents
If you forgot your iPhone's password, you can use your Apple ID password to get into your iPhone. However, before you reset your iPhone, please make sure that it is using iOS 15.2 or later, and the device must be connected to the Internet whether it is Wi-Fi or cellular.
To erase your iPhone, follow these steps:
1. After entering the wrong password a couple of times, the Erase iPhone option will appear on the bottom right of your locked screen, and you need to tap on it.
2. Next, you will see a warning, tap on Erase iPhone option again to confirm you want to erase all content and settings on your locked iPhone.
3. Enter your Apple ID password for the locked iPhone and the reset will begin.
As soon as your device restarts, the forgotten password is no longer in your iPhone, and you can follow the on-screen steps to set up your device again. If you have a backup available in iCloud or your computer, you can restore it when setting your iPhone up.
If you don't have the Erase iPhone option on your locked device or your device can't connect to the Internet, iPhone Unlocker is one of the best ways to get into your iPhone if you forgot the password. It is a desktop-based program that can be downloaded for both Windows and Mac and is suitable for most iOS versions.
It owns not only the wipe iPhone password feature but also other features you might need if you own an iOS device, like removing Apple ID or the forgotten Screen Time passcode. You might just want an easy and user-friendly way to get into your iPhone when you forgot the password, in that case, check on iPhone Unlocker, you won't be disappointed!
1. Download iPhone Unlocker on your PC/Mac from the above option and install it.
2. Open iPhone Unlocker and select Wipe Passcode from the three options given on the screen.
3. Next, connect your locked iPhone to the computer with a compatible cable. Then, click the "Device connected but not recognized?" link and put your iPhone into Recovery Mode, which helps the software recognize your forgotten password iPhone.
4. Now you can confirm your device's details and select Start on your computer screen to initiate the process.
5. The software will start downloading a software for your iPhone. You might need to wait for some time and the downloading speed depends on the stability of your network.
6. When the download is finished, a warning will show up. After carefully reading it through, you will need to input 0000 on the box and click Unlock to verify the reset decision.
7. You can view the status of the unlocking process. Once it is completed, you will receive a pop-up celebration telling you that your iPhone has been successfully unlocked.
You can now get into your iPhone without the forgotten password and be able to set it up like you just bought it from the store. If you, your family, or your friends ever encounter problems with forgotten passwords, iPhone Unlocker can always be trusted.
Note: There is no way to get back into your forgotten password iPhone without wiping the contents and data on it. If you have not backed up your iPhone before, you will have no chance to recover your lost data.
The iCloud Find My feature is officially provided by Apple and allows you to locate your lost iPhone or erase all the contents in the iPhone remotely so that no one can peek at your device. And this function can also be used to get into your iPhone when you forgot your password. Before we start, you should meet some requirements:
1. Go to iCloud.com and log in with your locked iPhone's Apple account.
2. On the main page of iCloud, you can see many features, choose the green icon named Find My.
3. Click All Devices at the top and you will see a dropdown list with all the iOS devices related to the account, then select the iPhone you forgot password.
4. Choose the Erase iPhone option when you see the box with what can you do to the iPhone.
5. Click Erase again to confirm your decision to erase your iPhone.
Another way for you to get into your iPhone if you forgot your password is to use iTunes. iTunes is a software developed by Apple, it allows you to do a plethora of things on your iPhone, which includes restoring your iPhone when you forgot your password.
If you don't remember your Apple ID and password or there's no Erase iPhone option on your iPhone, you can choose iCloud to remove your forgotten password and get back into your iPhone. But there are some pre-conditions you need to meet before restoring the iPhone:
1. Launch the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
2. Power off your locked iPhone as usual.
When you see the power off slider, drag it to turn off your iPhone.
3. Boot your iPhone into Recovery Mode.
4. Once your device is automatically detected by iTunes, click Restore on the popup in iTunes.
5. Click Restore and Update if you are certain that you want to do the reset to get back into the iPhone you forgot password.
Now your iPhone has been unlocked after restoring it, you can set it up as your want.
There are a lot of methods that you can use to get back into your iPhone if you forgot the password. If you are looking for the most efficient way to unlock your iPhone without having to occur complex issues, you should give iPhone Unlocker a shot. It will definitely be worth your try.
More importantly, it is never too late to get into the habit of backing up your iPhone. If such an emergency happens again, you can straightly reset your iPhone without hesitation since you already have a backup.